About the Registration Bulletin
The Registration Bulletin is designed to assist your planning for not only the next school year but also to allow you to think about your next steps after high school. As you are selecting your classes for next year, look for classes that will interest and challenge you.
Class selections are extremely important not only to you, but to our staff as well. Based upon your selections, we plan for the courses we will be offering for the entire school year. Please take your time in selecting courses and make sure to select those you really want to take.
Steps to select your classes
- Review the recommendations your teachers have made for you. Some classes are required based on your current grade level.
- Review the graduation requirements on page 4. Credits in specific areas are required for graduation as are Essential Skills in reading, writing, and math are required for graduation.
- Select classes that support your future educational and career goals. Be sure to take at least one honors or IB Course to prepare you for the rigors of college and/or the real world.
- If you have questions, ASK! Teachers, counselors and your parents can provide resources to help you make course selection decisions.
Start planning today for your future! The choices you make help determine your options. Whether you are looking to attend a college or university, transition into a career directly after high school, or are still undecided about what you want to do, South Salem High School has the classes to get you there.
Current South Salem High School Students & 8th Graders at Judson, Leslie, Houck, & Parrish
- Review your transcript to identify the credits that you need toward graduation.
- Use the online R to determine which classes you need or want to take to meet these requirements. Make sure you check the prerequisites and grade level for classes you are interested in taking.
- Complete your grade level forecasting sheet to be ready to meet with your counselor. Some classes have been preloaded based on grade level required classes.
- Meet with your counselor to ensure you are forecasting for the correct classes. Current 11th graders will be meeting with their counselors during their social studies class and 8th, 9th and 10th graders will be meeting during their science class.
- Enter your course requests using StudentVUE. You will need to enter 16 course requests and 3 alternate courses.
Students new to South Salem High School and/or Salem Keizer School District
- When you register at South Salem High School you will be sent a forecasting sheet.
- Review the Registration Bulletin online to determine which classes you need or want to take.
- Make sure you check the prerequisites and grade level for classes you are selecting.
- Complete your grade level forecasting sheet.
- Return the forecasting sheet to the school.